(Yes, really. It's come to this.)
So back at Christmas, my husband and children got me a set of Motorola Bluetooth headphones. It was love at first sight.
I was going through headphones at a crazy fast pace -- I'd have to buy a new pair every two or three months it seemed. My sweatiness would short them out and that would be it.
These headphones were super-fancy. They were sweatproof.
I was delighted. No cords to worry with, or to distract me by flopping around. Perfection.
I had been warned by my husband that there may be some interference from time to time because of the Bluetooth stuff. In my neighborhood, occasionally there would be a tiny bit of static or silence. At the hike & bike trail, there would be a stretch there they went silent. But otherwise, no problems at all.
Until Tuesday. I dropped Kate off at dance, and Kyle and I went home. I got dressed, got my headphones and everything set up, went outside and...
NOTHING.
I ran a little farther, and...
NOTHING.
I disconnected the headphones and the iPod and reconnected.
NOTHING.
On Tuesdays, I have a limited window in which to run because I have to pick up Katie from dance at a certain time. And I was wasting it. So I went back to the old-school headphones and suffered through my run.
I hate old-school headphones.
I mentioned it to Russ when he got home, and he surmised that my sweat was just 10,000 times more sweaty than the normal person, and the headphones had given up the ghost. I was determined to try one more time.
Wednesday was my off day, so Thursday, I headed out, wireless headphones in hand.
And...NOTHING.
Friday evening, we went to Best Buy where I bought the next generation of Motorola Bluetooth headphones PLUS a two-year extended warranty ("Happy Mother's Day," a relieved Russ said). Given how rough I am on headphones, it made sense.
Saturday, I popped out of bed at 6:30, ready for my 10-miler. Connected the headphones and the iPod and headed out.
NOTHING.
Y'all, I cried. I did. I cried over a pair of stupid headphones. (I know.)
So, it's not my excessive sweatiness. It's not the headphones. It's not the iPod, even though it's a million years old (I can hear just fine through the headphones in the house, our garage and our driveway).
Someone in my neighborhood must have made a recent technology purchase that is interfering with my headphones.
Sigh. How dare they?
So, while on my walk, saw a guy in the neighborhood wearing folded up tissues like 4"x4" squares - pretty large - between his ears and his headphones. You might try it! He looked slightly weird but 100% of us out on the road got it and knew why!! (This is fran, btw)
ReplyDelete