Tuesday, August 20, 2013

If there's a will...

The summer has been pretty great. Yes, it's been hot, and yes, we've had some busy times, but all in all, it's been a wonderful few months with my family and with running.

I've been managing 60 miles a week at least for the past few weeks. It hasn't even been difficult. I go to the gym at lunch, and then I run in the evenings once the kids and I get home.

But now school starts and with it, all kinds of activities and responsibilities and extracurriculars. I'm getting a trial week, though: My daughter's dance classes actually started this week.

Yesterday, I went to the gym three times to get in my mileage. Yes, three times. (I'm getting my money's worth out of that gym membership.)

First, I went at lunch for my regular 5 miles (which turned into 5.5 by accident).

Then, while Katie was at dance from 5:45-6:30, I ran 4 more miles.

(Mad dash back to dance to pick up Katie and hang out for an hour.)

Then, BACK to the gym for a final 2 miles while Katie had her second dance class. I could have done a couple of more, but I had an errand to run.

Boom. Eleven miles, total.

It really bothers me when people say they don't have time to exercise. We all have the same 24 hours in a day. It's just how you choose to spend that time...

No comments:

Post a Comment