Dear Running:
I am so sorry that I have neglected you. You were there for me when I needed you most -- when I was stressed or worried, when I was happy or sad, when I weighed 230+ pounds.
And I used you to lose 120 pounds, run a half-marathon and then I threw you away, like dirty dishwater.
I don't know why I did that. I guess it was more of a feeling that I had done that, so I was moving on to my next adventure. The thing is, my next adventure didn't keep me in shape. My next adventure didn't give those endorphins that I craved. My next adventure was just...meh.
I want you back, if you'll have me. I promise I won't turn my back on you again.
Love, Beth
* * *
Long story short: I weighed a bunch, I started running, then I weighed not-so-much, then I stopped running and I was on my way back to "a bunch." I put a stop to that really quickly.
I'm back to it, though. I plan to run a marathon -- I've signed up for a marathon in February, but I'm not sure if that's going to be a possibility, given my late start. But if not that one, then another one.
I have promised myself.
I'm going to write about running and about weight issues. I'm married and have two kids, so I'm sure there will be some wacky kid stuff working its way in from time to time.
This is a blog to help keep me honest, and you can come along for the ride...er, run... if you're willing.
No comments:
Post a Comment