Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lists.

On my list of things I like to do, making lists is right up there. It also happens to be a lazy way to do a blog, so here I go...

1. I spend most of my time in my house freezing to death. Seriously. I hate to complain about it because for 10 of the 12 years we've been in this house, we had an old A/C that could barely keep up with the heat outside.  Now we have a brand-spanking-new one that is (obviously) doing its job and doing it well, but I wish that just one day out of my life I could walk around in my own house without wearing a pair of my husband's thick socks.

2. I have been enveloped in the whole Game of Thrones book and TV series so much that it is almost comical. I'm on book three. I anxiously await 8 p.m. on Sundays so I can watch the latest episode. I listen to podcasts about the show, y'all. The thing is that I am so not into this fantasy crap...ummm, I mean genre that this is just a testament to the good writing and intrigue that George R.R. Martin puts into each novel.

3. We are remodeling our kitchen in a few months and I am terrified. It's going to be a fairly simple remodel, in terms of remodels; we're not moving anything around and it's just basic new flooring, new appliances, new cabinets, etc., but I am scared that when they take down the painted paneling (yes, you read that correctly) that currently resides in there, they're going to find something. What that something is, I don't know, but I've read enough books to know that it could be anything.

4. We are going through a rough patch with our tween son -- just basic mouthy-ness, nothing too juvenile delinquent yet. Luckily for us, our normally difficult daughter is being an angel. That will change, I'm sure.

5. I'm planning on taking said tween son to see the midnight showing of "The Avengers." We can't wait!

6. I hated baseball for a very long time -- mainly when I worked the copy desk at the newspaper and had to hold up pages for games that lasted FOREVER (Texas Rangers, I'm looking at you). Then I started loving baseball with a fierceness that surprised me. Now? I don't even care enough to hate it. I always get excited for the World Series, no matter which team is playing, but October is a long way off.

7. I'm starting to get riled up by the backlash against people who are fit and slender, or at least trying to be fit and slender. That's a whole 'nother blog in itself, so I'm just going to let it simmer for a bit.

8. My Katie-Boo and I planted two tomato plants and some herbs this past weekend. Katie loves plants -- she gets her "green finger" (as she says) from her Nana and her great-great-grandmother on my side (Maw). We've had success in the past, and it's all her. She's like a mother hen with those plants -- she checks on them twice a day and talks to them.

9. The vet says that our sweet beagle is overweight by four pounds. I'd take him running with me, but I'm afraid his overwhelming desire to sniff everything would hold me back.

10. Last week, we had a development day for faculty and staff, and there was a session on yoga that I attended. I've done yoga on my own before, but never with a class. I was very impressed with the woman who gave the class, and am considering taking classes from her studio. I've used the techniques she taught us a few times since then, and they've worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment