I ran my last miles this morning before the marathon. It was 32 degrees when I set out (for comparison's sake, it was 36 degrees in Dallas, according to The Weather Channel).
So Sunday should feel practically balmy to me!
And now...I wait. I am going to be a complete and total mess from now until Sunday morning. I already feel out of sorts because I just ran two miles this morning.
The paranoia is starting to set in -- is that an ache in my knee? Should I put the kibosh on the heels this week to decrease the odds of my tripping and falling? And there's still the tights issue (after talking myself out of them on Sunday, I'm back on the fence today).
I did call and cancel my second night at the hotel yesterday. I get a late checkout because of the event, so I can stay until 4 and then hit the road. If all goes well, I'll be home by 9:30 or 10, so not bad.
But then, after I called and canceled the second night, I didn't get a new confirmation e-mailed to me, so now I'm worried about that.
Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment