I have to admit, I haven't been very high on running over the past two weeks.
The waiting for the marathon was starting to wear on me. And the taper was starting to affect my moods. I was still getting up at 4 a.m., and putting the miles in, but I was happy about it. I wasn't eager.
And then yesterday happened.
Yesterday, I ran the Sea Rim Striders' Turkey Trot 10K. It's an annual event, and yesterday was my fourth one.
I wasn't really that excited about it. There were going to be a lot of people, and I'm not a fan of crowds. It was colder than it's been in a while here.
But I had paid my fee, and I had my number, and I needed to run 6 miles anyway, so I went.
I am so glad I did!
If you've never attended a race event, you should. I can't explain it, but the gathering of a bunch of runners is amazing. It's like all those endorphins are in one place and you just can't be upset or unhappy or sad.
It's impossible.
It was just the kickstart I needed. Eight days, 23 hours and 17 minutes (as of right now): Dallas White Rock Marathon. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment