Friday, February 24, 2012

Math. Blech.

What have I been up to recently? Besides running, of course.

Doing math.

I hate math more than I hate the designated hitter. More than I hate things with cream sauces. More than I hate cold weather, rain, the phrase "My bad," slow drivers, people who write checks in stores, and, as of this past weekend, trees that fall on houses breaking weatherheads.

This is a deep, deep, deep hatred, borne of course, because I am incapable of actually doing math. (I like to tell Russ that the reason why I married his math-loving, math-degree-having self is so I'd have someone tell me how much money I will save when stores have percent-off sales. That's not the real reason, of course. The real reason is so I'd have someone tall enough to reach things off the top shelves. ;-) )

Honestly. There's a reason why I have two degrees in English. If I could do more than sling words, I would.

Anyway. Math. Hate. Moving on.

The Gusher Marathon, Half-Marathon and 5K is coming up in two weeks. I'm running the half, and plan on running it in less than two hours. So what does that mean?

It means I have to run 9:05/mile.

Can I do that?

I think so. I typically can run 9-minute miles, but can I keep that up for 13.1 miles?

That's the BIG question...

No comments:

Post a Comment