Yeah, I haven't been blogging much. What have I been doing?
Running. Riding my bike. Working out. Driving a certain beautiful girl to dance classes three nights a week. Trying to keep up with laundry, cooking, cleaning (ha) and the current book(s) I'm reading. Planning a kitchen remodel in a few months. Taking care of all the paperwork for our recent tree incident and Kate's tonsillectomy next week.
So I'm busy, and I haven't had a lot to say...
---
I'm running the Gusher Half next Saturday. I want to do it in less than 2 hours. There will be a pacer for 1:59, so I'm going to stay as close to him as I can.
I'm going to sign up for the Pleasure Island Bridge race. There's a half, a 10K and a 2-miler. Not sure if I'm going to do the half or the 10K. The Rock N Roll Marathon in San Antonio is the weekend after that, so maybe I should stick to the 10K. I probably won't, but I'm thinking about it.
I bought a serious, utilitarian swimsuit. I can't find anyone to give me a refresher course, though! (To be honest, I haven't looked really hard, but I did e-mail two people. One said there wouldn't be any sessions until the summer, and the other hasn't responded.) I'm determined, though: I spent money!
---
After The Gusher, I'm going to move to running 8 miles each day during the week, and then my long runs on the weekend. I'm faster, so it won't interfere with my morning routine. I may also switch to an evening running schedule. I'm still running in the morning most days, but there are some days when it just doesn't happen, so I make it up in the evening. Since the weather is (finally) nice, I'm OK with it.
---
Because of Katie-Boo's surgery next week, I won't be able to meet
with my trainer at all. I know I need to be home with the girl, but I'm
going to miss the workouts. I've missed a day here and there, but not an
entire week. I'll be able to increase my running time, though, in the
evenings when Russ gets home from work, and when girlie recovers.
---
I'm turning 40 in 19 days.
Trying not to think about that too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment