Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Spun.

I love running. I really do.

Even when I hate it, even when it's a million degrees or less than 35 degrees, even when my legs ache and my toes look ugly, I love it.

It's really hard to pull me away from it. Every day I don't run is a day...well, that I didn't run. I wasted too many years being sedentary. I take days off and immediately regret them.

So it was really difficult for me to not run at the gym today. Since I joined my new gym, I've been looking at the spin area jealously. But for one reason (excuses...ahem) or the other, I hadn't taken a spin class until TODAY.

I loved it so much!

The class was challenging, but not impossible. When we were finished, I felt like I had actually done something. But I still had enough left to run six miles this evening. I'm not overly sore this evening. I'm not hobbling around. I just feel nicely fatigued.

And I've decided that I really need about five more hours in the day to fit in all the exercise I want to do. I want to start riding bikes now and taking more spin classes than the two a week I plan to get in. But then that will cut into my running and I really don't want to give that up!

So yeah, a few more hours in the day and I'll be good!

---

I am continually amazed that I am truly, seriously enjoying all this exercise.

This is not the Beth who routinely failed the Presidential Physical Fitness Test.

This is not the Beth who had a running disagreement with her mother about reading vs. going outside and playing.

This is not the same Beth who weighed more than 200 pounds.

Thank goodness.

---

Gah. I am having such the crisis with my dang headphones AGAIN. I got wireless headphones for Christmas two years ago. Loved them. Cherished them. Would have married them if marrying headphones were legal in my state and if I weren't already married.

One day, they just stopped working. Then a few weeks later, they started working again. At this point, my husband pointed out to me that a Web site was offering them for CHEAP. So I bought TWO pairs.

Well, now none of them work. And I can't find any that I like. And I am so frustrated and tired of this. I don't like earbuds. I can't find any that I like.

I have to solve this issue this weekend. It is imperative.

No comments:

Post a Comment