I know it's been a while since I've blogged.
I've been busy. My husband has been working some crazy hours, so it was up to me to get the Christmas shopping done in addition to my usual traipsing kids here and yon, cleaning, doing the laundry, cooking, working, and oh yeah, running.
I've found over the years that when you think you have the least amount of time to exercise is when you should make the greatest effort to do it!
So I did, and I haven't regretted any of it. I've run every day except for four in the past month.
---
And because I love stuff like this, my 2012 stats:
Miles run: 1,952.45. I'm kind of bummed that I didn't make it to 2,000.
Most miles run in a month: October, with 195.5 miles.
Least miles run in a month: November, with 129.2 -- I take off essentially 10 days for marathon prep and recovery.
Time spent running: 333:49:24. This is incomplete because it doesn't take into consideration the times I ran without my Garmin and when my Garmin crapped out because of battery issues, but close enough!
Calories burned: 167, 598. Can't argue with that.
Races run: Six: The Gusher Half, Fort Worth Zoo 10K, Galveston Sand Crab 10K (won my age division), Livestrong 5K (second in my age group), San Antonio Rock N Roll Marathon, and the Turkey Trot 10K.
---
For 2013, I intend (because I don't make resolutions, I make intentions) to run a race every single month. Since I'm not running a marathon this year (holding off to try to get into Houston for 2014), I want to have some fun with my races. So far I have races lined up for February (Cowtown Half with my BFF Michele!), March (Gusher Half, here in town), and I want to run the Austin 1020 (10 miles, 20 bands) in April (have to check my schedule and make sure that's possible).
But January has me stumped. There's a 5K in The Woodlands in mid-January, and I may have to do that one by default, if my schedule permits. I'm still researching options, though!
I intend to get faster, run harder and run more than I ever have.
No comments:
Post a Comment