Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm really going to do this!

First, about my run. I was only going to run 15, but the rain derailed that at mile 14. I'm bummed about that, so much that I may head back out this afternoon if the rain clears or tomorrow. Either way, I'm going to run tomorrow -- three-day weekend gives me plenty of time to run and get some rest in!

---

I reserved my hotel room for the marathon this morning. Dec. 3-5, I will be in DFW! It's starting to get really real, really exciting, and really scary.

I can do this. I know I can, but at times, the prospect of actually running 26.2 miles totally overwhelms me.

How did I get to this point? How did the 235-pound woman I was just seven years ago get to the point where she believes that she can run 26.2 miles?

I really have no idea. Honestly. I'm just happy that I think I can, and that I can!

---

I get asked a lot about where I buy my clothes. I have an eclectic mix, to be sure, but I mostly buy them on the Internet.

Here's a list:

Anthropologie

Johnnie Boden

ModCloth

J. Crew

Banana Republic

One online store that I haven't bought anything from yet is Shabby Apple. They have some beautiful dresses, but I just haven't settled on anything.

I also find cool things on eBay -- my basket purses that I also get comments on came from there. I have a gorgeous black dress with hand-appliqued daisies on it that I always get comments on that I got on eBay.

Locally, I buy at Dillard's and my biggest secret (I guess not any more) is SteinMart. I go in there once a month, and always come out with something amazing for not a lot of money.

So there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment