Thursday, September 22, 2011

That was a surprise...

My trainer has asked me to do many things that I've thought were beyond my abilities.

Lifting free weights, for starters. Doing dips and pull-ups for another. I've been able to do them all -- not a ton of repetitions and not a ton of weight, of course, but I've done them with varying degrees of success.

Then yesterday, he asked me to get on the mat and do push-ups.

I asked him to repeat himself, because 1: previously, I've only done push-ups on a weight bench or a structure that was chest high; 2: I can't do push-ups; and 3: did I mention that I can't do push-ups?

Yes, this is where I drag out the injustices of junior high wherein I was asked to do this Presidential Physical Fitness test (while wearing a blue, one-piece bloomer outfit, might I add) and failed miserably on just about everything.

So when my trainer insisted that yes, I needed to get on the mat and do push-ups, I sighed, resigned myself to not being able to do and got on the mat.

And I did push-ups. Easily.

WTH? How did that happen?

After the first set, the trainer said, "I thought you couldn't do push-ups. Do another set."

So I did another set and then another. No problems whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment