I ran 20 miles for the second time yesterday. The last time I ran 20, it was dreadful. Like I wanted to quit 14 miles in, and I dreaded every single step I ran.
I hadn't done it again since then -- about a month ago -- because I hated it so much.
This time, it was no big deal. Seriously, there was a time or two when I thought I wanted to stop running for a minute, just to rest, but I didn't, I wanted to run and finish more than I wanted to stop and rest.
I told myself at the beginning that I needed to take it easy -- that I was going for distance, not speed. I ended up running it at a pace of 11-minute miles, so not bad at all.
It was enjoyable. And finding out that I burned more than 1,700 calories (according to my Garmin) was awesome.
I'm going to up my daily mileage -- 10 miles on M, T and TH, and 8 on W and F, and then of course, 15-20 on Saturdays. Since I'm getting faster, I have the time to run more, so why not?
No comments:
Post a Comment