Saturday, October 8, 2011

Finally, fifteen.

I ran 15 miles this morning.

It had been three weeks since I had last run a long one. Two weeks ago, I ran just 10 because I was headed to Houston for a concert (Matt Nathanson (swoon!), Maroon 5 and Train). Last week, I just ran 3.1 for the 5K.

But this weekend, I was able to get in 15 and it felt GREAT.

I've had a rough couple of weeks. Not anything huge -- white-girl problems, you know? -- which made it even weirder. Why was I so blah on running? With the exception of being incredibly busy, there was no reason.

I think it was the lack of long runs that did it. Eight isn't long enough anymore. Neither is ten. I need -- nay, crave -- long runs. They set my body right, and my mind even moreso.

Do not ever underestimate the power of endorphins. Do not ever underestimate 2 hours and 30 minutes' worth of time spent pushing yourself past anything you ever thought you could ever do.

Do it. Go the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment