Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rest.

It was a busy weekend, followed by a busy week (and it isn't over yet).

So, despite my better judgment, I did not run this morning.

And yet, the world is still turning. My size 2 jeans still fit just fine. I still am planning on running tomorrow.

This what I keep telling myself.

Also: I essentially exercised three times yesterday -- a 6-mile run, 45 minutes at the gym with my trainer, and then a 30-minute twirling class. So this rest is OK.

And much needed. (That is what I keep telling myself.)

I don't have to tell you though, that regret is running through my body, through my brain. I will be careful and picky about my lunch today. I will drink more than my usual 100 ounces of water today. I will push myself tomorrow morning to run faster, longer because I didn't run this morning.

It's what I do. I know myself well enough to know this rest business is a slippery slope.

And one I don't want to go down. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment