Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Never fear...

I haven't stopped running.

No way!

I just don't have a lot to write about. I get up at 4 a.m., and I run. I go to the gym on Wednesdays and Fridays. I sleep a little later on Saturdays. I take Sundays off.

Exciting stuff, huh?

I had to run on the treadmill -- that most hated device -- yesterday it stormed most of the day. I'm happy I have access to them for days when the weather is really bad, but truly, if I had to run on a treadmill every day, I would lose my mind. For REAL.

---

Beaumont has a running store, On The Run. I am really excited about this, because heretofore, to get any cool running stuff, I had to squeeze in a trip when I went to Houston or Austin, or I had to order stuff off the Internet and cross my fingers that it would fit or would work the way I needed it.

Now, I can just drive across town. :-) The kids and I went on Saturday. I don't need new shoes, but I bought a new pair of socks that I AM IN LOVE WITH. Honestly. Don't take socks for granted. The right ones can make all the difference. (Running socks are the new purses for the part of me that's slightly a hoarder, according to my husband.)

I also bought a foot wheel. It's a roller that you put on the floor and roll your foot over and over. After my main aches and pains from the marathon were gone, I continued to have foot pain. The foot wheel will help with this.

There were all kinds of cool stuff, but I had the kids with me, and I...had the kids with me. I will be back!

---

I don't eat nearly enough fruit. I'm not a big fan for the stupidest and most embarrassing reason in the history of reasons:

I am completely lazy and don't like the preparation involved.

Seriously, y'all. I am being completely honest here. I know. Trust me, I know. I mean, most preparation of fruit involves...washing it. Sometimes, you have to peel it or cut it up or something crazy like that.

I can do that with vegetables with no problem, but I just have this block with fruit. You want to hear something even weirder?

I am the total Fruit Nazi with my kids. I push fruit on them like I push milk. When one of them wanders through the kitchen looking for something to eat, I suggest fruit first. Don't want fruit? Then you must not be very hungry.

Since Sunday, I have made it my goal to have three servings of fruit a day. It hasn't been difficult -- I eat strawberries every morning in my oatmeal. I have a banana for a snack during the day. And at night, when I've finally been able to sit down in the recliner, I'll have either another banana or a Clementine for another snack.

I want to push that to another serving eventually. I just have to find another fruit that I like. I'm not a big fan of plums or peaches or nectarines. Grapes, I can do. Apples...meh. I'm finding that I do like cantaloupe, after an almost 40-year span of decidedly not liking it. I like kiwi, but again...the preparation (I know! Trust me, I know how completely ridiculous I am being.).

(Ooh! I just remembered -- I *LOVE* tomatoes, and tomatoes are fruits! I eat tomatoes at least once a day every single day. That's another serving right there!)

I can do this. I will do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment