Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The struggle

The colder weather makes running very difficult.

When I had an extra 20 pounds packed on my frame last year, I didn't feel the cold as much. At my current weight, I feel it.

Oh man, do I feel it.

Saturday morning, it was 31 degrees when I headed out. My whole body ached -- knees, ankles, hips, knuckles.

This morning, it was 70 degrees when I went out to run, and I felt GREAT!

I'm trying really hard to focus on the fact that I'm still out there running. I'm not giving up. I'm not giving in.

The cold is really bumming me out, though.

I keep telling myself that at this time last year, I wasn't overly thrilled about running. I wasn't running the mileage I am running now.

But I was still running.

That's what counts. Getting out there every morning (or afternoon or evening).

I'm still running with one eye on the calendar, hoping we get through the rest of January and all of February without frigid temps.

No comments:

Post a Comment