Sunday, August 21, 2011

Aftermath.

I figured yesterday was going to be a total wash as far as getting anything done.

I mean, after a regular 12-15-mile run, I'm pretty wiped and require a nap, and if I don't get one, I end up falling asleep on the couch at 7:45 p.m.

So I just knew that after a 20-mile run, I'd be useless.

It was pretty much the exact opposite.

I didn't do a whole lot -- some laundry, a little shopping, other housework -- but I was OK. I was able to get up easily. I wasn't plagued by horrific leg pain (a little, but it was totally bearable). I took a tiny nap in the recliner. I stayed up until midnight! (I know!)

And I feel pretty good this morning -- good enough that I feel a little guilty about not running. But I know I need the rest. Running today might wreck my legs.

So no running. Running tomorrow. Walking today. Later.

Resting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment