Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fast shoes.

When my brothers and I were little (this is well before my sister came along), whenever my mom and dad would buy us new shoes, the boys' main concern was "Are they fast shoes, Mama? Are they fast?"

She would assure them that yes, they are fast shoes, and once they put them on, they'd race around the house in their "fast shoes."

Last night, I ran five miles in under hour. I think I had my "fast shoes" on. :-)

I'm back to the pace I was back when I started running a few years ago.

---

I'm down to 125. My size 4 jeans from a few years ago now fit me. At some point today, I'll try on those size 4 dresses, just to see.

So here's the struggle: Last time I weighed this amount, I ran the Houston Half-Marathon, and then just kind of got bored with running. I had read that when you run a major race like a half or a whole, you're supposed to lay off running for the same amount of days as the race you ran. So I was supposed to not run for about 13 days.

I never really went back. I tried, and said that I was going to start running again. I even signed up for a marathon or two. But I wasn't consistent. I wasn't committed.

I have to make this time different. Not running is not an option if I want to stay at a healthy weight and be fit. It's clear that my body likes to run. I don't really have the aches and pains that others do, even though I run every single day.

The marathon that I want to run in December 2011, so I have to make it through then.

And things are different now because I'm done with grad school. My kids are a little older so I have a tiny bit more time freed up.

And I know how it feels not to run. It's misery for me.

Misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment