I ran 10 miles at the hike and bike trail yesterday after my hair cut and color. It was a great day for a run, warm and semi-sunny. It took me just a little over two hours to run the 10 miles, so that wasn't bad. I'm aiming for less than 2.5 hours in The Gusher Half in March, and I think it's do-able.
My one complaint: Dear City of Beaumont, Please, please, please, PLEASE put a bathroom of some sort near the trail. It can be in the parking lot, it can be along the trail, anywhere. Love, Beth
I drink a ton of water. And I've had two children. Put that together with the pounding a body takes while running, and...ugh.
Usually, I think ahead and cut off my water consumption an hour or so before I go run, particularly if I'm going somewhere to run. Yesterday morning -- and I take full responsibility for this -- I didn't think about it, and by the time I got to the trail, I had consumed almost 50 ounces of water. Now I had gone to the bathroom a few times while letting the color set on my hair, so I thought I was OK.
Not so much. I had to interrupt my run -- stop my watch, go to the my car and drive to the nearest bathroom (in a nasty gas station a quarter of a mile away) and then drive back to the trail to finish the run.
I understand why the trail doesn't have bathrooms. The maintenance of them would add to the cost of the trail's upkeep (which I assume is fairly low). Having a bathroom there would also invite troublemakers.
I get that. My bladder doesn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment