I had a rest day forced upon me by the rain, damn it.
I'll run in a drizzle, but this was a downpour that flooded portions of the road in my neighborhood.
I was a wreck. First I was debating whether I should run anyway -- it's just rain, right?
Then, I decided I was definitely not going to run.
Then, I got up a few times and checked outside, just to see if the rain had subsided. It had not, so there it was: No run. Then I got antsy, fidgeting and apparently making irritating noises.
Finally, Russ told me that I was going a little insane with the not-running thing and I needed to chill.
I know he's right.
I kept telling myself that last time around with the running, I took rest days here and there and did just fine. I kept telling myself that missing one day wasn't going to result in 30+ pounds being packed back on my frame immediately.
And I kept congratulating myself for getting out there and running every day I could prior to that day -- that kind of made missing last night not so bad, you know?
I ended up reading a little and then falling asleep on the couch.
So I survived a night of not running. I don't want to do it ever again.
No comments:
Post a Comment