Yesterday did not start out to be a good day.
First, Russ discovered why our bed has been sagging for three years or so -- his side of the bed frame is broken. He's been complaining about our bed sagging and I've been telling him that my side isn't sagging...well, now we know why.
Then, he broke his glasses. I don't know how and I didn't ask. He was in the bathroom taking a shower and then he was out, with broken glasses. He had prescription sunglasses here, and another pair of glasses at work.
So he drove to work to get his regular glasses and then went to the laundromat to wash our huge quilt. Our washing machine cannot handle it, so the only way to wash it is to use the industrial washing machines at the laundromat.
That meant that I had to take the kids to the grocery store with me. And because they slept late, I didn't get my usual early start, and HEB at noon on a Sunday is just one step away from hell.
They behaved themselves pretty well, but it was crowded and no matter where they stood, they were in the way, and other people were rude and HEB didn't have quinoa at all and I was just a mess when I finally got out of there.
Then it was raining. Steadily.
I sat on the couch and waited. Every 30 minutes, I'd get up and check to see if it had let up. I was antsy and anxious.
Finally, I decided I was going to run anyway. I'm so glad I did. Looks like I'll be making a repeat run today...
No comments:
Post a Comment