Saturday, August 20, 2011

And on Sunday...

I am going to REST.

I haven't blogged this week, because I've been busy and tired and busy and tired and did I mention busy and tired?

I took this past Monday off, but ran every other day, worked out with my trainer twice this week, and this morning, I RAN 20 FREAKING MILES.

Y'all? Twenty freaking miles is a long run. Ions. I almost gave up twice.

But I did it in a little less than four hours, which is fair. I burned more than 1,300 calories, which is awesome.

I am going to take it easy tomorrow and recuperate from today's insanity. Also, since my kids start school on Monday (can I get a "Woo hoo"?), I need to figure out my running schedule and their morning schedule. I will not get up before 4 a.m. to run.

There's a fine line between sanity and insanity with this running thing, and for me, running before 4 a.m. crosses the line into insane-ville.

So I might have to cut back to six miles from 8 during the week. I may start running on my lunch hour two days a week to make up some mileage.

I've got tomorrow to figure it out.

1 comment: