I met with the personal trainer yesterday afternoon.
He's a very nice person and I have no doubt that he knows his stuff. But, still I am terrified.
My diet will be a bit different than what I'm used to -- in order to build muscle, I need more protein -- and I'm afraid I'll gain weight. If I gain muscle and not fat (i.e., can still fit into my clothes with no problems), then I'm OK with that.
I like routine. I like knowing what I'm going to do every day, knowing what I'm going to eat, etc. This trainer is new. His workout routine is new. Once I get through a week, I think I'll be OK, but right now, thinking about it makes me so freaking nervous.
I signed up for a just a month. At the end of the month, I can stop the personal training and continue with his program on my own, or I can sign up for another month or I can stop and go back to what I'm doing now.
And yes, one of the first things he told me was that I was going to have to stop running for a while. I told him that was not possible, wasn't even an option. I need running. NEED IT.
So he said it would be OK, just as long as I wasn't running 10 miles a day. I explained to him my running schedule and he was OK with that. Good. Because I'm NOT going to stop running.
---
I had a long week. Longer than normal. Not sure exactly why.
Kid A had a birthday party yesterday evening and Kid B had make-up dance classes yesterday evening, so it was after 7 before we headed out for our typical Friday-night dinner and errands.
We went to eat. We went to Target. I was exhausted. I was freezing.
I forced myself to put on my running stuff, telling myself that I'd just run 4 miles or so. I've run every single day this week (yay good weather!), so if I just run 4 that's perfectly OK.
I ended up running EIGHT. I'm not sure what came over me. I just started running and didn't stop. I probably would have gone farther, but the fog was starting to come in and I was getting creeped out. I felt great, wasn't cold, and my mood improved 110 percent!
So, in case I haven't hammered this point home enough: Running will cure what ails you, no matter what it is!
No comments:
Post a Comment