I prefer balmy winters and hotter-than-hell summers, so I live in Southeast Texas.
EXCEPT FOR THIS WEEK.
This week has really threw me for a loop. I wore SHORTS a week ago on my run. Yesterday, I wore four shirts (two of which were sweatshirts), and two pairs of socks in addition to my tights and gloves and hat and all that crap.
This is ridiculousness. Really.
I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I'm very routine-oriented. Once I figure out something that works, I do it over and over and over again. When I started running again, I structured my life so that it was possible to run in the evenings during the week.
This weather has really tore that plan to shreds, which in turn has made me at loose ends and that's never a good thing. Idle hands are the devil's playground and all that.
I feel scattered. I feel lost. I NEED MY GOOD WEATHER BACK SO THAT I CAN RUN MORE THAN THREE MILES AT A TIME!!!
As a testament to running, though, I will reveal that despite the fact that I've only run about 15 miles this week, and I have eaten a few comfort foods, I still lost weight this week.
As of today, I've lost 40 pounds since September 25. I've read studies that say that running boosts your metabolism so much that even when you don't run, you still burn more calories than a non-runner.
This week proves that.
The sun is out this morning. HIgh is supposed to reach the mid-50s. As soon as the temp hits the 40s, I'm out there.
Maybe I can just wear two shirts today.
No comments:
Post a Comment