I have issues with going to a gym.
I haven't always had this problem, and pre-running, I belonged to a gym and went every night after I got off work. But once I started running, and saw the awesome results, I didn't have merely issues with the gym; I had an entire subscription.
My husband and I joined a gym last year and I ran on the treadmill at night for a while. But I HATE treadmills with the fire of a thousand suns. I'd go, intent on lifting weights, and I'd run the entire time. I couldn't find a balance, although I know there has to be one.
So yesterday morning, I was texting with my BFF who was suffering through her fourth or so snow day. She's lost a considerable amount of weight (her baby is almost 3), but she did it through a combination of weights, cardio and eating reasonably.
I was whining about not being able to run yesterday (rain and miserably cold weather AGAIN) and she said that I should just join a gym.
And all of the sudden, it clicked.
I work at the Lamar Institute of Technology. We can utilize the wonderful Sheila Umphrey Recreational Sports Center at Lamar University.
So today, when I get an opportunity, I am going to join. I won't be able to actually use the gym until Monday, but here's the plan:
Hire a personal trainer.
Weights during my lunch hour at the gym.
Possibly a class two times a week at the gym.
Running at night, like I've been doing.
And, for those days when the weather is bad or my husband is going to be out of town for work, I can run on the treadmills.
I'll do this on my lunch hour, and bring a lunch. I won't be able to do this every single day; I have meetings and things to do that take up my lunch hour some days. But I can do this at least two times a week, easy.
I'm adding something I NEED to add, without taking away from my first love. Why didn't I think of this before?
No comments:
Post a Comment