I had Overnight Oats for breakfast this morning. Basically, you take equal amounts of rolled oats, some sort of dairy/soy liquid and yogurt, put it in a bowl and let it sit overnight in the fridge. Take it out in the morning, let it come to room temperature, and add stuff to it. I used oats + vanilla soymilk + Greek yogurt, then added two strawberries and a dollop of dark chocolate peanut butter this morning.
It was good, but beyond my comfort zone of my usual half a whole-wheat muffin with a tablespoon of fat-free cream cheese. My trainer wants me to eat oatmeal, though, so there it is. It does provide me with a good amount of protein, and that's good.
Tomorrow marks a week since I have gone strictly vegetarian. It has been amazingly easy, and I feel great. Again, my life was already pretty much set up to go veg, so making the final commitment wasn't that difficult. I had my usual breakfast and coffee. Lunch was lentil chili from home, rice, beans and vegetables, or some amazing spinach and cheese quesadillas. At home, I ate more lentils or a salad or even the awesome mustard, cheese, tomato and spinach sandwich.
I've lost another pound, too.
---
I ran my long run last night -- 10 miles in our neighborhood. I got my Garmin Forerunner 405 on Wednesday, so today I'm going to use it to run outside the neighborhood. I'm going to keep the run to 5 miles or so while I familiarize myself with a route outside my norm. I'm excited about this; trust me, running around your neighborhood TWENTY times is not fun.
The Gusher 5K, Half-Marathon and Marathon is in two weeks. Next weekend, I plan to head out to the hike and bike trail and get in 12 miles, then I'll run some -- but not as much as usual -- the week of the race. The thought of that is already making me nervous.
No comments:
Post a Comment