Monday, February 21, 2011

Talismans.

Yesterday, I went to Target as is my usual Sunday routine (Target, HEB, ATM, home).

I was looking through their clothes, and picked a skirt up to look at it further, and thought, "Wow. That skirt is HUGE."

It was a size 12, the size I used to wear. The size I was almost too big for when I decided to take action.

I still have all my big clothes. I know I need to give them away. I don't have a huge closet, and I could use those clothes hangers, and someone else could use the clothes.

But still I keep them. It's kind of like whistling in the dark, or actually more like keeping all that old baby stuff that you're never going to use again, but you heard about a lady who got rid of all her baby stuff and got pregnant the next day.

In my mind, those bigger clothes are talismans, a defense against my gaining the weight back. As long as I have them, I won't need them. As long as I can pull them out, try them on and laugh as they sag totally off my body, I won't gain the weight.

Right?

Intellectually, I know those clothes aren't keeping the weight off. The only person/thing that can do that is ME.

I just have to trust in ME.

---

Personal trainer today. Will report back this evening, if I can move. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment