Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Six.

Even though I managed to run some during the insanely horrible weather last week, I still lost so much ground as far as speed. When it was so cold, I slowed down because I never knew if the patch of wet pavement I was running on was just wet or icy. (Wet = I will live. Icy = Bad news.)

We're back to what passes as "normal" winter weather for us (at least for another day), but my mind is still back to Friday when it was cold and icy and miserably miserable.

I decided to up my nightly mileage to six miles a night, and that probably has attributed to my slowdown. I remember when I first started running five a night -- it seemed to take forever and I spent a good part of the first two miles or so cursing my decision to run five.

Then, one night, I finished up my five and realized that I didn't curse at all.

I signed up for The Gusher Half-Marathon over the weekend. It's March 12 (the day after my 16th wedding anniversary). I want to run it in less than two-and-a-half hours. Two hours would be awesome.

I have a month to get there. (Fingers crossed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment