I started going to a personal trainer primarily to improve my upper-body strength. I run like a crazy person, so I figured that was taken care of.
I was wrong.
I've gone to the trainer four times so far and each time we've worked on my legs, I've come away from the session barely able to walk. On the days we work on my upper body, I'm sore, but it's not unbearable. It's not overly painful. I'm able to do the things I normally do without pain.
Today, before we were even done with the session, my thighs were aching. And this evening when I went on my run, it took a mile or so before my muscles loosened up enough so that it was easy.
Why?
Is he taking it easy on me on upper-body days? Is he making it extra-tough for lower-body days? Maybe I'm putting more into the lower-body days because I can.
I already know that tomorrow will be rough. I will barely be able to walk and will hesitate before I sit.
But I'll be OK.
I'll be OK.
No comments:
Post a Comment