Back in 2007, when I ran my first half-marathon, I rested, as you should after running long distances.
I never got back to running.
I don't know why, really. I guess it was a combination of fatigue, cold weather, and a feeling of "OK, I've done that...now what?"
That "now what?" was grad school and moving into a promotion at work and all kinds of other things.
I didn't want to "now what?" this time. Last time, I ended up with 60 extra pounds.
No way in hell that was happening this time.
So I got up this morning, strapped on my shoes and ran in the 30-degree weather. (And now I know, for sure: If only it hadn't been RAINY this past Sunday, I would have kicked that marathon's ass.)
I ran an easy three-miler. I was ever alert for new, weird twinges, and there were none. My hips were a little stiff, but that's pretty typical for me. My sore toe didn't bother me. My left ankle didn't hurt. My shoes were dried out. I even had an OK time -- about 10:30/mile.
It was all good!
No comments:
Post a Comment