Monday, December 26, 2011

Day After.

I didn't run yesterday -- luckily, Christmas fell on Sunday, my usual rest day, this year. So I didn't have to juggle Christmas and running.

I could have and would have if I had to, though.

Since I've been off from work, and my husband has been off from work, it's been nice to run whenever and wherever I want. I ran at the park on Friday afternoon -- back in the trails where there are a few hills.

Today, I went to the Hike & Bike Trail in Beaumont at midday. Again, it's nice to get a change of scenery, to get away from distractions. In the days leading up to Christmas, when I would run in my neighborhood, I really had to make an effort to stay on task, to keep on running. Whenever I'd pass my driveway, I'd feel the pull of laundry or cleaning or present-wrapping.

If I'm not at home, though -- no thoughts of the various obligations!

(And everything mostly got done.)

---

For Christmas, I got a pair of wireless headphones from Russ and the kids (and also another charm for my Pandora bracelet).

I've chronicled here many times about my headphone problems. I don't like the tiny ear buds that come with the iPod. I can't keep them in my ears, they hurt, etc.

Also, I go through earphones like a hot knife through butter. It has to be the sweat that kills them.

My new headphones are amazing. I wore them for the first time on my run at the Hike & Bike Trail, and they fit in my ears just fine. There was no cord bouncing around, getting in my way, getting tangled in my hands. When it started raining, I put up the hood on my jacket, and didn't have to maneuver around the cord.

And according to the packaging, they are sweat-resistant.

Time will tell if that is indeed true.

---

I'm thinking about my New Year's intentions. Goals are good, right? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment