Saturday, December 10, 2011

Goals.

So this morning was my last easy run. I did six miles. Monday, I'm back to my usual 6-milers in the morning, and then a long run (12-15) on Saturdays. Sundays will continue to be my day off.

While I ran this morning, I thought about hard goals for the next year. I'm the kind of person that, if I don't have solid goals, I will fall apart, completely.

So here are my goals:


  1. Continue running. Well, duh. I'd be a fool to stop now.
  2. Maintain my weight loss. I've been playing around with 3-4 pounds the past few months, and that's OK with me. I'm still fitting into my size 2s and 4s, so I'm good with this.
  3. Keep on with the vegetarianism. Again, I've been doing this since February (March, maybe?) and it's working for me. I am healthier than I have ever been.
  4. Run The Gusher Half-Marathon in March in under 2 hours. I can do this; I know I can. I can run 6 miles in under an hour. I just have to sustain that for 13.1 miles. :-)
  5. Run the San Antonio Rock N Roll Marathon in 4:30. I also know I can do this. I am completely convinced that my time at last week's marathon was completely due to the rain. I ran in 30-degree weather on Thursday and was absolutely, totally A-OK.
  6. Continue on with my personal trainer.
I think that's it.

---

I bought new running shoes on Thursday. My old ones had more than 500 miles on them, plus after running in the rain they were all stretched out. So I bought the same style, in a different color. I love being able to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment