If nothing else, taking a day off from running makes me appreciate it all the more when I get back to it.
I ran this morning, just six miles (I have the trainer today, so I don't want to be tired when I get there). It felt great. I had new headphones, it wasn't too hot at 4:30 a.m., and I just ran!
---
Twelve years ago today, I was in the hospital. I was pregnant with our first child, and 12 days away from my official due date. I went to the doctor for a regular check-up, and bingo! I was in the hospital, hooked up to 6,000 monitors with the possibility of having my baby THAT NIGHT.
The culprit? High blood pressure. It was the first time I'd had that happen, but it wasn't the last. In both pregnant and non-pregnant times, I would go on to have BP issues.
But no more! :-)
(I didn't have Kyle that night. The doctor sent me home after a few hours and told me to come back on Monday, July 12, and we'd have that baby. So that's what I did.)
No comments:
Post a Comment