Sunday, July 10, 2011

Save a life...go for a run!

Yesterday's run wasn't nearly long enough or nearly satisfying enough. I got a late start and only got in 5.5 miles before thunder and lightning started.

I was not happy about that.

Then we had Kyle's birthday party yesterday and let him have some friends spend the night afterward.

Yeah.

Five 12-year-old boys plus one overly excited dog equals two, maybe three hours of sleep for me.

I slept on the couch last night because our bedroom is right across the hallway from Kyle's and that's where the boys were headquartered.

It didn't help.

So when I got up at 5:45 a.m. to tell them that they really needed to settle down and get some sleep (these same boys also spent four hours that afternoon swimming and diving and being rowdy so I know they had to be tired -- HAD TO BE), I decided that I should go ahead and run.

I know I'm going to be a slight crankypants today because I didn't get a lot of sleep. If I had compounded that with not running, then that would be double crankypants.

And trust me, no one wants double crankypants. NO ONE. Double crankypants usually ends up with tears, screaming and at worst, death.

So, I ran eight miles and when I got back in, everyone had calmed down and was sleeping.

(I will get a nap in later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment