Thursday, April 14, 2011

Physics 101 or something else I don't understand.

I currently am at a very good weight, possibly the lowest I've been in my adult life.

I wear sizes 2 or 4, depending on the brand and the style. Extra-small shirts are too big for me.

So why do bathing suits continue to mystify me?

No matter what size I buy, I get it wrong. If I get a medium, it's falling off of me. If I get a small, it looks horrendous.

If I were my old weight or heavier, I'd just tell myself, "Self, you need to lose weight. That's why these bathing suits don't look that awesome."

But I'm at a good weight! I'm in the BEST shape of my life!!

So why the bathing suit drama??

Yes, I could get one of those Miraclesuits that hold everything in and make it almost impossible for you to breathe. But I weigh freaking 115 pounds -- that shouldn't require a Miraclesuit to look halfway decent!

This happened to me the last time I lost a substantial amount of weight as an adult. I was about 5-6 pounds heavier then and assumed that was my problem.

I guess not.

No comments:

Post a Comment