Monday, April 4, 2011

Thinking about a new wrinkle...

I've been thinking a lot about caffeine.

I don't drink a whole lot to start with -- just my beloved coffee in the morning, and then two diet drinks spread throughout the day.

It's a vicious cycle, though. You drink your cup of coffee in the morning and feel awesome. Then, after a while, one cup isn't enough to keep you going, so you have another. And then you need another and another and another...

In between, I drink a TON of water, so I've always felt like whatever bad there is -- sodium, caffeine -- gets flushed out.

But maybe it doesn't.

I had more than two diet drinks this past Saturday. I was at a work event, and while I did drink a ton of water in addition, I did drink a total of four Coke Zeroes.

I felt so horrible that evening and the next morning. Yes, the Coke Zeroes gave me a few moments of energy, but the letdown was NOT worth it. I ran 6 miles Saturday night and 8 on Sunday, and I felt weighed down.

Yesterday, I had my cup of coffee and one Coke Zero. It was water, water, water after that.

I feel better this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment