Even though I work at a relatively small college, I really don't see a lot of the instructors and other staff members that much. There is a group that I see often, but other than that, everyone is busy.
But at a work event this past weekend, I was able to visit with different people and they all had the same question:
"What happened to the rest of you?"
So I answered a lot of questions and talked about my running and my vegetarianism and I really didn't mind.
They wanted to know what I eat on a daily basis. They wanted to know about my workouts with my personal trainer.
But really, it all comes down to this: Eat less. Move more.
That's it. There's no magic pill or drops or diet that will make it happen unless you're doing those two things. Books on various diets are books on various diets. People trying to make money off of you. You may lose weight initially, but it will come back unless you make serious changes.
For me, the hardest part is making up my mind to actually do it. Once I decide I'm going to do something, that's it. It's done.
Last year, I tried various things to lose weight before September. They worked for a short time or didn't work at all. I wasn't moving. I wasn't really eating less.
I'm trying to eat things in their more natural state. I don't want unnecessary chemicals in my body.
---
Because Russ is working out too, we've had to come up with a plan so that we can both do our workouts and not have our kids running around like feral children. On Mondays and Tuesdays, I've been coming home, changing my clothes and running. I like getting it done early so that I can relax in the evenings. Plus, I figure being able to actually *see* the road may decrease my uncanny ability to trip and fall.
I didn't get my usual early run in yesterday evening because he went to work out first. Oh man, was I cranky!
But once I got out there, it was good. It was very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment