There are some things I don't like about it.
- It takes time. Then run faster, dummy. Duh. Sometimes I do. Sometimes, I get out there and run six miles in an hour and I'm done. Other times, I get out there and run like I'm slogging through wet sand and it takes me 70 minutes. Everything takes time, though. If I were just working out at a gym regularly, that would be at least 45 minutes to an hour. So...
- Ugly feet. Mine aren't too horrible yet, but they are bad enough that I apologize profusely whenever I go get a pedicure. I have yet to experience the "joy" of losing a toenail, but I'm sure that once I get seriously into my marathon training, I will. I did have a problem once where my toes swelled, and the nails dug into the toes beside it and there was blood. And grossness. But I stopped buying that brand of shoes and haven't had it happen again.
- You sweat a TON. That's not so bad, and I expect it. But sometimes, it runs down my back and pools in the small of my back, and that is annoying.
- Bugs. I swallowed a random bug last night, I'm pretty sure. It doesn't happen often to me, but...yeah.
- The dreaded runner's tan. Men have it easy. They can run bare-chested. Women? Not so much. Even if I just ran in a sports bra, I'm still going to have strap marks which don't match up with my bathing suit straps. My personal favorite things, though, are the totally white feet butting up against really tan legs. Awesome.
- You can't stop once you start. Oh wait, that's what I *LOVE* about it. Nevermind. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment