Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lightbulb moment.

So I've been feeling "off" for a couple of days. It started on Wednesday when I was heading home from Austin, continued all day Thursday, and when I woke up on Friday, I still felt blah.

It wasn't a case of PMS death spiral, and I couldn't pinpoint anything else:


  • Kids: check, i.e., no one is doing anything RIGHT NOW to cause grief.
  • Husband: check, check, check. :-)
  • Job: busy, busy, busy, but I like busy.
  • Weight: Still losing and gaining the same two pounds, but my clothes fit the same or looser, so I'm good.
  • Everything else: Awesome...except for the crazy insane beagle, but his crazy insaneness has actually become what passes for normal around this joint, so...
So why was I do down in the dumps?

Yesterday morning, I was texting my BFF and going through how I felt and it hit me:

I didn't do *any* exercise at all on Wednesday. Nothing.

You might remember that I had decided to take a day off from running on Wednesdays. I was OK with that mentally because I was still working out that day with the personal trainer. And I was teaching my twirling class in the evening. So I was still exercising, just not running.

I didn't go to my trainer nor did I teach my class on Wednesday because I was in Austin. I didn't run, walk or do anything other than sit in a meeting and drive home. I ran on Tuesday when I got to Austin, and I ran Thursday evening. But on Wednesday, I did nothing.

That was it. Missing ONE DAY of exercise put me in an emotional tailspin.

ONE. DAY.

I can't imagine the mess I was before when I wasn't exercising at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment