According to my Garmin, that's how many calories I burned this morning during my 12-miler.
It seemed easier this morning than it did last week. I even got a summer shower at the beginning of mile 11.
One more week of 12 miles. Then, I move to fifteen.
---
Nine months ago to the date, I got up early (as usual) and went to the bathroom. I undressed completely, weighed myself and sighed at the number. I may have even cursed a bit.
I put my clothes back on, went to the kitchen, got a crappy breakfast (the last one) together, my coffee, and sat down at my laptop.
No more, I told myself. You deserve better. Your kids deserve better. Russ deserves better. You are not this person. You just aren't.
And I signed up for Weight Watchers online. A few weeks later, I started running again. Just two miles.
That morning, I weighed 161 pounds. This morning? 117.
That day, I wore size 12s that were getting too tight. Today, I wear anywhere from a size 0-4, depending on the brand.
That day, I stayed at home, not willing to go anywhere new or different or out of comfort zone. Today?
Bring it on.
No comments:
Post a Comment