Circadian rhythm, that is (the other, I got lots of :-) ).
I thought that when I started getting up early to run, I would be dragging through the day, barely staying awake past 8:30 p.m.
But I've found it's exactly the opposite. I have lots of energy. Yesterday, I looked up at the clock and was surprised to find out that it was 4:15 and I was still just going and going and going.
"I'll fall asleep on the couch once I get home," I thought.
Nope. I cooked, cleaned and did some laundry.
Then I sat on the couch. "*NOW* I'll pass out," I thought.
Nope. I watched some TV, read a book, played a game with Miss K...
I went to bed at 11 p.m. "It will be a struggle to get up at 4:30 in the morning," I thought.
Nope.
I woke up at 3 a.m. on the nose, ready to jump out of bed, get dressed and run. I didn't, because only insane people go out running at 3 in the morning, and I'm not ready to admit to it yet. So I tossed and turned until 4 a.m., and THEN I went out and ran 8 miles.
It really makes me wonder if all those years of babies and working 4 p.m.-midnight messed up my sleep rhythms.
And if the sleepiness is going to hit me like a brick wall when I least expect it...
No comments:
Post a Comment