I did NOT want to run this morning.
In fact, I spent a good 10 minutes in bed, arguing with myself.
And I got up and ran anyway.
---
I think that if you were to take a small drop of my blood and analyze you would find that 80 percent of it is made up of...ummm, the stuff that blood is supposed to be made of, and 20 percent of it is made up of seawater.
After a busy week and a very busy Saturday, the kids and I packed sandwiches, hopped in the car and headed for Galveston yesterday.
The kids jumped waves and played in the sand. I sat and...well, sat.
It hit my reset button. Since school got out, I have been running here and there with kids, actually running here and there, and doing a gazillion other things.
To sit in one place for five hours felt luxurious. To have nothing to do beyond watching those two little heads as they jumped up and down was heavenly.
I didn't run yesterday. But I had a good reason why...
That sounds so nice! I love summer because I can take the kids to the water park, and then I just READ!!!
ReplyDelete