Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday random.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or if it's just me, but whenever I get seriously into running, my fingernails grow like crazy. And they're scary-strong.  Is it the blood that's pumping in and out? Is it that I'm more conscious about taking my vitamins? Is it because I'm eating better?

But yeah. Pregnancy and running always give me good nails. (And I'm *DONE* with the pregnancy part.)

---

I need some new music for running. In fact, I probably need a whole playlist overhaul. Sure, putting that entire album of *whatever* sounded like a good idea at the time, but really? Ummmm...no.

---

I need some new running shorts. Mine are way too big, and even with the drawstring tied, I spend most of my run pulling them up.

(Note: Buy new shorts tonight!)

---

Gearing up for my big 12-miler tomorrow (reason why I need new music). I always feel a bit of hesitation the day before a big run. I know I can run 12 miles, so why does the thought make me nervous?

My plan is to get up at 4:30 a.m. and run the 12. Then shower, eat breakfast, putter around the house and take a nap around noon or so.

I'm not going to take a rest day until Tuesday. I am having a minor medical procedure done that afternoon, and I can't eat or drink anything after midnight on Monday. So rest day on Tuesday.

---

Losing weight and running have made me a lightweight. Not that I was ever knocking back gallons of alcohol every night or even every weekend, but I used to be able to have at least two margaritas without going off the deep end.

Now even a glass of wine puts me into a headspin.

No comments:

Post a Comment