Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Perfect."

I went back to my gynecologist yesterday, as a follow-up for some blood work he had done three months ago.

He tested my cholesterol, blood glucose and thyroid.

The verdict (and this is HIS word): "Perfect."

My cholesterol numbers were all in the absolutely, no-doubt-about-it healthy range. Dr. D said that he wished his cholesterol numbers were as great as mine. :-)

I get validation that I'm doing the right thing pretty much every day -- when I wake up feeling great, when I'm able to pick anything out of my closet and know it will fit, when some random guy looks at me a little longer than he probably should -- but to hear a medical professional say it, and to see in black and white...well, that's priceless.

---

I got in my eight miles this morning! I'll make up the two I lost today at the trainer. He has me run the treadmill in five-to-six minute bursts, and I usually run a little more than two miles, total. I don't typically count those miles in my weekly summary, but this week, I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment