Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rain.

If you've never run in the rain, I suggest you do it. Immediately.

Seriously. Put on the least amount of clothing you dare, and head out in the rain. It's like nothing I have ever experienced before.

---

When I headed out at 4 this morning to run, it was MISERABLY humid and hot. I felt like I was running through a flannel blanket.

And then it started to rain. Lightly at first, then so heavily I could barely see.

Thankfully, the heavy rain only lasted for a few minutes and it went back to sprinkles. And then it stopped.

By mile number 5, I couldn't tell if I was wet from sweat or rain.

And then it started lightning.

All bets were off at that point. I stopped after six miles...sigh. I will have to make up those two miles somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment