Friday, June 17, 2011

Tomorrow.

I got up every day this week (except for Sunday, when I escaped to the beach) and ran six miles.

For some reason, it was a rough week for running. I think I was still tired from the dance recital extravaganza from the previous week and weekend.

But I did it.

Tomorrow, I start the Big Marathon Training Plan.

Twelve miles (all at once).

I've run 12 miles before. Quite a few times before, actually. But tomorrow's run already feels different.

I feel like I'm on the verge of something huge. You know the whole "the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" and all that.

I am actually going to do this. I think that's it. I've signed up for marathons before, but I don't think I really believed I was actually going to run them.

But this time is different. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I feel so great. Maybe it's because I love deadlines and I'll be FORTY in March. Maybe it's because for the first time in a long time, I feel like I can do ANYTHING.

Tomorrow, it's 12 miles. December 4, it will be 26.2.

No comments:

Post a Comment