And with my run this morning, I managed to get in 201 miles in the month of June!
It's been a good month: I switched to running in the morning, and I signed up for a marathon.
And I can honestly say that every run has been enjoyable. There hasn't been ONE time when I thought, "Damn, I'm miserable."
I have one more weekend of 12 miles, then I move up to 15. I know I can do it, and I'm excited.
---
So, running shirtless has presented a problem. I wear a pair of shorts or a running skirt and a sports bra in the morning when I run. Well, when I'm done with the run, I am so freaking sweaty EVERYWHERE. Seriously, y'all...sweaty where I didn't think I could be sweaty.
And my hands are wet and if I wipe them on my leg or my stomach or my back, they're still wet. There have been two or three mornings when I had to really try to open the front door to get into the house. Since I run when everyone is asleep, I'd be stuck outside if I couldn't manage it eventually.
My solution has been to keep an old dishtowel in my car. If I can't get the door open after two tries, I get out the dishtowel.
Works every time.
No comments:
Post a Comment