Every day, there is a five-minute space in time where I seriously think, "I'm not going to run today. I'm tired, I have things to do inside, my favorite show is coming on later. I'll just sit today out."
But I don't.
I know myself too well. I know that if I skip ONE DAY, that will be it for me. If I can justify taking a day off, then I can justify taking a second day and a third and a fourth and next thing I know, it will be weeks since I last ran and I will weigh 200 pounds.
Most running authorities recommend that people not run every day. I have to, though. I cannot let up one day. If it's an evening where we have lots going on, then I may only run 2 miles instead of 3-5.
But still, I run.
I say this to let y'all know that even though I'm passionate about running and feel great, it's not easy for me. Every day, I have to push myself to go from skirt and heels to running tights and running shoes instead of straight to pajamas. Once I get my running clothes on, I know I'm going to run at some point.
And once I get outside and start running, I'm so happy that I did.
Cross train. Ride a bike or swim to let your body recover from the runs. You're going to really need the recovery during marathon training.
ReplyDelete