I bought new running shoes Saturday night, and I ran with them for the first time yesterday.
I. Am. In. Love.
I got the Nike Free Run+. They are *so* light. They're like wearing socks, only with a sole. And, they're NOT pink (one of my main pet peeves about the UNIVERSE is that for women's sports equipment, they just take stuff made for men and make it pink. GAG.).
They didn't magically make me run faster or anything, but that will come.
---
I have a collarbone -- you can see it!
I went into our laundry room to throw something away yesterday. I was wearing a shirt with an open collar and I caught a glimpse of myself in the full-length mirror on the door in there.
Even though I know I've lost weight and have all kinds of proof, tangible and otherwise, I still think of myself as heavy. It will take a while to change that picture of myself I keep in my mind. I'm not sure that I want to change that picture. I am afraid that if I get comfortable with my weight, if I get used to being normal, I will get lazy.
That's what happened last time. I cannot let that happen again.
I will not let that happen again.
No comments:
Post a Comment